It’s never fun to pack up and leave the house you’ve come to call home, but if you’re in a hurry, selling it as quickly and quietly as possible can be just the ticket. These tips will help you do just that.
1) Put your house on the market right away. The faster it sells, the less time there’s for rumors to spread about why someone is selling their home so quickly. Get more here https://www.eazyhousesale.com/.
2) Keep your phone on when showing a potential buyer around your property. It’s best not to have any conversations when showing a potential buyer around, but if you must answer the phone, talk in hushed tones, so you’re not overheard.
3) Clean up your closet. Get rid of all evidence that someone lives in the home by removing personal items from closets and drawers. A buyer will pick up on the minor details and know that someone has been living in the house if there are curling irons, perfume bottles, and jewelry in plain view.
4) Don’t inform neighbors about your plans to sell quickly. They could let the cat out of the bag and ruin your chances of selling your home quietly.
5) Avoid answering questions about why you’re selling. It’s best to say that you’ve found another place you’d like to live or that you have another pressing reason for needing to sell so quickly if someone asks.
6) Act as if you’re in no rush to sell your house—even if you are! Potential buyers will get more suspicious if they know that they’ve got a motivated seller on their hands, so try not to appear stressed out.
7) If the house looks appealing to buyers, don’t fix anything or make any improvements. Stay as rustic and quaint as possible.
8) Never let a realtor show the house to a potential buyer without you there. A quick-witted buyer could try to play phone tag with your realtor, which can be disastrous for your sale.
9) Time your move for the coolest time of year: winter. The snow and cold weather will help keep neighbors from discussing your sale.
In conclusion, there’s no better way to get your house sold quickly and quietly than to follow these tips.